One-pot garlic parmesan pasta is simple and delicious, made with an ultra flavorful garlic cream sauce that perfectly coats each bite of pasta. It's the best way to get dinner on the table in just a few minutes!
If you've never made one-pot pasta, prepare to be hooked. This easy recipe comes together entirely in one pot which makes for quick cleanup, too!
Our lupini pastas only require a few minutes to cook, which means this creamy garlic parmesan pasta can be on the table in under 15 minutes flat.
So, how does it work? The pasta simmers in cream and chicken broth, becoming perfectly tender while it takes on the flavors of the cooking liquid. Once it is done, Parmesan cheese is tossed into the mix. As the cheese melts, it thickens the sauce and adds a rich, cheesy flavor to the pasta dish.
It's an easy meal with a quick cooking time, perfect for busy weeknights or any other occasion when you're in need of a low-effort, high-reward meal.
Speedy, tasty and good for you? This checks all the boxes for the ultimate dream dinner situation!
Why You'll Love It
Whether you're enjoying it as a side or as a delicious, protein-packed main dish, the best part is it takes such little effort to throw together. One-pot garlic parmesan pasta is the most simple dish with incredible flavors and a wonderfully creamy, tender texture you'll love.
- gluten and grain free
- low carb and keto friendly
- quick and easy
- a delicious meal the whole family will rave about!
About Our Pastas
Our lupini pasta is plant based, gluten and grain free, low carb and even keto diet friendly! But unlike other pasta alternatives, ours actually tastes like pasta.
Made with lupini beans, an ancient superfood, each one of our pasta varieties boasts an incredible nutritional profile! A serving of Kaizen pasta packs a whopping 20 grams of protein, 15 grams of fiber and only 6 grams net carbs.
Kaizen offers more than a bland pasta alternative void of nutrition- we're all about enjoying our favorite foods while fueling our bodies.
One Pot Garlic Parmesan Pasta Recipe
Simple ingredients are all you need for this cheesy pasta. But the great thing about this recipe is it's so versatile! Add a dash of Italian seasoning or more garlic. You can even top this one-pot pasta with your favorite protein.
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth or chicken stock (vegetable broth also works)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 package Kaizen pasta (any variety)
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes and Italian parsley (optional garnishes)
- In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, add the butter. Once it has melted, add the minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until it is fragrant.
- Stir in the chicken broth and heavy whipping cream and whisk well.
- Increase the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, pour in the Kaizen lupini pasta. Give it a quick stir, reduce the heat to medium, and let the pasta simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Stir in the parmesan cheese and mix until it is melted and the pasta sauce has thickened.
- Taste and adjust, adding salt or pepper if needed, or more parmesan.
- Serve, topped with red pepper flakes and chopped parsley (optional).
- For a lighter sauce, you can substitute the heavy cream for whole milk.
- If you want to make seared chicken breasts or ground sausage to go with it, cook it first in the same pot, then transfer it to a plate once it is done. Or, cook it simultaneously in a large skillet. Add the protein to the pasta after the pasta is done cooking.
- As the parmesan cheese melts, it will thicken the sauce. If you need the sauce to be thicker, add 1-2 extra tablespoons of shredded parmesan.
- Parmesan will add a natural saltiness to the pasta, which is why we recommend adding salt at the very end, if desired.
- We recommend cooking the pasta according to our package instructions- 5 to 8 minutes. Use the shorter cooking time if you prefer your lupini pasta al dente. For more tender pasta, cook for about 7-8 minutes.
- Store leftover pasta in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is garlic parmesan sauce made of?
Garlic parmesan sauce is a luscious, creamy sauce with major alfredo sauce vibes. In fact, it is made with similar ingredients and can often be used interchangeably. This one-pot garlic parmesan pasta features a rich sauce made with fresh garlic, chicken broth, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese.
What cream is best for pasta?
Heavy cream will give you a rich flavor and since it is thicker, it prevents the sauce from becoming thin and watery. For a lighter sauce, you can substitute the heavy cream for whole milk.
Can I use this one pot garlic parmesan pasta recipe with traditional pastas?
The recipe for this one pot meal was created specifically for our lupini pastas, which cook quicker and contain much less starch than traditional wheat pastas, chickpea or lentil pastas. Because of this, the recipe may not work as well for a pasta that requires a longer cooking time.
What are your favorite ways to enjoy Kaizen pasta?
Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram @kaizenfoodcompany- we love to see how you flex your Kaizen creations with all of our low-carb pastas!
More Recipes to Try
If you like this recipe, here are a few others to try out!