This keto pasta recipe is a low-carb spin on "Million Dollar" pasta, made with our high-protein, high-fiber lupini pasta.
Tender, low-carb pasta noodles are tossed in a meaty tomato sauce packed with Italian seasoning and aromatics, then layered with a creamy ricotta mixture and baked for melt-y, cheesy perfection.
Pasta night just got better (and healthier, too).
Layers of cheese, pasta and sauce (and more cheese) make this a rich and indulgent pasta that tastes like a million bucks. This is a great recipe that makes delicious comfort food with an incredible flavor and texture. No one will ever guess it's a low-carb and keto pasta recipe!
Delicious flavors and textures shine in this dish. A hearty meat sauce and smooth ricotta cheese bring all the flavor of classic lasagna, but without the long prep time. This incredible meal comes together in under 30 minutes!
This is a keto pasta recipe that is versatile and calls for simple ingredients. Use your favorite sauce and your cheese of choice to change up the flavors of this comfort food dish.
When the pasta cravings hit, rest assured that our keto "Million Dollar" pasta recipe, featuring lupini pasta, offers you a low-carb, high-protein meal with macros you'll love.
- gluten free, grain free, low carb and keto diet friendly
- high in protein and nutrients thanks to lupini, an ancient superfood
- an easy, delicious recipe for any occasion!
About Kaizen Lupini Pasta
We believe in nutritious food that doesn't taste like a compromise. We became tired of low carb pasta alternatives- like zucchini noodles, shirataki noodles and spaghetti squash- trying to stand in for real pasta, so we created Kaizen.
Made with lupin flour, our low-carb pasta tastes just like regular pasta! And even better, one serving of our lupini pasta will fuel you up with 20 grams of protein, 15 grams of fiber and only 6 grams net carbs.
When it comes to nutrition, traditional pasta noodles don't even come close to the nutritional profile of our lupini pasta. (Here are a few more reasons why it makes the best keto pasta!)
With different shapes to choose from, including Fusilli, Radiatori and Ziti, you can turn your favorite dishes into low-carb and keto recipes with ease!
Keto "Million Dollar" Pasta Recipe
This keto pasta recipe is a great way to easily get dinner on the table quickly! Use store-bought tomato sauce (choose one with low sugars and net carbs) for extra ease.
Ricotta adds a richness to the creamy sauce and after one bite, you'll understand why it's called "Million Dollar Pasta." The best thing about this keto pasta recipe is that it calls for easy ingredients and just 15 minutes of prep time before it's oven-ready.
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1, 24 oz. jar of your favorite pasta sauce (tomato base)
- 8 oz. Kaizen pasta, any variety (pictured with Fusilli)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheese of choice (cheddar, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan, etc.), plus more for topping the pasta bake
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- Parmesan cheese and fresh basil (optional toppings)
- The first step is to preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil. When it glistens, add the chopped onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.Add the minced garlic and ground beef. Cook for 1-2 minutes, then season the meat mixture with the oregano and chili flakes. Use a spatula to break the meat up well.
- When the meat is almost done, pour in the pasta sauce. Stir it in, then continue to cook for about 10 minutes to let the sauce reduce. Stir occasionally.
- While tomato sauce is simmering, add cold water to a pot and bring it to a boil over high heat. When it's boiling, add the lupini pasta and cook for 5 minutes (it will be al dente). Drain the pasta water.
- Add the cooked pasta to the meat sauce (or toss it all together in a large bowl, if needed).
- Mix the ricotta with the shredded cheese, salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- In an oven safe casserole dish, 9 x 13 or similar, spoon a thick layer of pasta on the bottom. Add a few spoonfuls of the ricotta mixture, then top with more pasta and another layer ricotta. The final layer should be the pasta and sauce mixture.
- Top the pasta more shredded cheese of choice, then bake at 400 for 10-15 min.
- Remove from oven, top with basil and red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
- You can swap ground beef with ground chicken, ground Italian sausage, ground bison or ground turkey.
If you've ever tried traditional "Million Dollar Pasta" before, you'll be surprised to find that this low-carb version tastes just like the real thing!
What are your favorite ways to enjoy Kaizen pasta?
Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram @kaizenfoodcompany- we love to see how you flex your Kaizen creations with all of our low-carb pastas.
More Recipes to Try
Looking for your next low carb pasta recipe to try? Check out these: