With bold, fresh flavors and a kick from the spicy Italian salami and red pepper flakes, this keto pasta salad is what low-carb salad dreams are made of!
It's the perfect side dish but you can also enjoy it as your main course. And with any of our Kaizen lupini bean pastas as the base, you can rest assured you're getting a healthy serving of protein along with those veggies!
If you're in search of a summer salad for a backyard barbecue or a tasty side dish for a special gathering, this keto pasta salad recipe is it.
The recipe makes a large bowl with several servings, so it's fit for a small crowd or weekly meal prep.
Our lupini bean pasta stays tender and sturdy over the course of several days.
A bit of prep time and you'll have delicious work-from-home lunches that hold up well on-the-go, too.
This low carb pasta salad recipe is an easy, delicious and healthy.
It makes the perfect cold salad that's filling and flavorful, i.e. EXCITING. And that's what we’re all about.
This spicy Italian version has bold Italian flavors and a homemade Italian dressing that elevates the simple ingredients in the dish.
The fresh parsley, smoky roasted red peppers, crunchy cucumber and a high-quality olive oil will really work wonders in this healthy pasta salad and compliment each other nicely.
You can use any variety of our low-carb lupini bean pastas for this dish- pick your favorite!
Each one is protein-packed, gluten free and grain free which means it can fit into a variety of eating styles.
Not only is our keto pasta salad recipe so easy to make, it's also satisfying and satiating.
Whether you're following a keto diet, eat high protein and low-carb or you're simply looking for healthier meals to fit into your lifestyle, this recipe is a winner!
New to lupini pasta? Learn more about this incredible superfood!
Keto Pasta Salad Recipe (Spicy Italian-Style)
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 15-17 minutes
- 1, 8-ounce box Kaizen Food Company low-carb pasta (any variety)
- 1 quart cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ¾ English cucumber, cubed
- ½ red onion, chopped small
- 1 large handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- ¾ cup black olives, sliced in half
- ½ cup roasted red bell pepper, sliced thin (for convenience, I use jarred red peppers)
- 4 ounces spicy Italian salami, cubed
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the low-carb pasta for 5-8 minutes (about 5 minutes for al dente and longer for a more tender pasta). Drain it and run it under cold water.
- Transfer the pasta to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, parsley, olives, roasted red peppers and salami to the pasta. Toss to combine well.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, spices, salt and pepper to a jar. Seal it with the lid and give it a good shake to mix up the dressing.
- Pour the dressing on top of the salad and toss well to combine.
- Store leftover keto pasta salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will be good for 3-5 days depending on how fresh the chopped veggies look.
- The great thing about this low-carb pasta salad recipe is that similar to regular pasta salad, you can really make it your own! Don't worry too much about exact measurements when it comes to the add-ins. If you want more tomato, go for it. More spicy salami? You do you. A great way to jazz up the olive oil dressing even more is by adding a pinch of Italian seasoning or fresh basil.
- Apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar works as a fresh lemon substitute and will give you that same tart, acidic flavor.
More Recipes to Try
Love this recipe? Here are a few others made with Kaizen pasta that you will also enjoy!
Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram @kaizenfoodcompany- we love to see how you flex your Kaizen creations with all of our low-carb pastas!